This Is Who We Are
Seeking Integrity @ New Spirit approaches the treatment of fused substance use and sexual behavior by recognizing that addictive behaviors are not just problems in and of themselves, they are symptomatic of other issues. We therefore offer a wide variety of clinical interventions to address the whole person in treatment. Each client receives both individual and group therapeutic assistance tailored to his unique and highly individualized background, problem behaviors, and goals for healing and recovery. We utilize a cognitive-behavioral treatment curriculum derived from the most up-to-date research and theory, with alternative therapeutic modalities integrated as appropriate and necessary. This is the approach proven to be the most effective with addictions of all types.
- We take a nonjudgmental, non-stigmatizing approach to sexual fantasies and behaviors. We understand that everyone seeking help for sex/porn addiction or co-occurring substance use and sexual behavior has experienced shame and stigma, both from others and themselves. We do not judge any client’s sexual thoughts or desires. We do not ever attempt to change a client’s sexual orientation or attractions. We do, however, when needed, utilize strategies aimed at self-management and behavioral containment as part of our commitment to individual, family, and community safety.
- We recognize the need for and focus on the development of meaningful social support as an integral part of the healing and recovery process. We understand the importance of these connections and a sense of belonging in community. We know that prodependent, recovery-focused connections form the essential foundation for a lasting recovery.
- Our involvement continues after treatment. We have created an online community through our ancillary website, SexandRelationshipHealing.com, which provides the opportunity for members of each treatment group to remain in contact with each other as well as staff. This, combined with the abundant free blogs, webinars, and podcasts available on the site, provides an unparalleled resource for ongoing support and growth.
- We are invested in community safety and make this a priority in treatment. Our program addresses and necessarily includes interventions aimed at protecting the welfare of clients, staff, and the public. As such, developing tools to increase accountability and prevent relapse is an integral component of our programs.
- Our program requires a behavioral demonstration, from each client, of commitment, motivation, and willingness to make significant life changes. Without this, treatment is likely to be less effective. We stand behind our clinical work, but we cannot make our clients get well; their motivation to heal is key to the process. What we can do is offer endless hope, direction, and encouragement for change to those who want a better life for themselves and those they love.